1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC women's tournament running thread — UPDATED: Day 2

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Re: SEC women's tournament running thread — UPDATED: Day 1

I am not really stringing the tourney.
    Maybe I should have used blue font.

BTW, how's State looking tonight, with the deficit at halftime?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How I wish I could be there in person

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

So, you are there in spirit?
    Which team, in your heart of hearts, do you think will win?

State?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. in spirit.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Lady Dogs up 36-35 now, according to website.
    You on-site folks there in northern Little Rock need to do a better updating job.

I'm heading offline.
    Tell LSU to beware of State whooping them for a 3rd time this season when they meet in second round.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

State's rallied.
    Carolina went on an 18-0 run, then State came back with a run and took the lead.
    All knotted up 38-38 now. with about 5 minutes left.
    Neither team is shooting very well.
    State's 13-of-48, while Carolina is 14-of-38.

7. JayFarrar

State wins, state wins
    49-39
    update scoreboards accordingly and send those pages east coast papers.

8. JayFarrar

And now, the return of the least popular running thread in the history of this board...SEC women's tournament DAY 2.

Best-dressed man
    The Advertiser's Jay Tate is rocking a tie. My first thought was, Auburn brought their team attorney. How handy! But then I realized Tate wasn't the best-dressed man in the house. That would be Charles Goldberg of the B'Ham News. Honestly, he looks like a banker or the kind of booster who would lend to fellow scribes.
    Anyway, Tate's live-blogging the game at http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/. Point your browsers to it. Be amazed and amused. Buy some advertising or leave some change in the online tip jar. Gannett needs the money.

Not in the house
    Former Auburn coach and Arkansas native Tommy Tuberville. Also not spotted in the crowd were the Auburn fans who lost on Amazing Race, Auburn super boosters meeting secretly with college football coaches who might have a passing interest in THE PROGRAM and anyone under the age of 70. Honestly what the hell is about women's college basketball that brings out the retirees?
    I ask because I care.

Dr Pepper watch
    Cans of Diet Dr Pepper consumed during lunch and on the day. This number will be updated.

9. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Two of my least favorite SEC hacks. Tate's blog title is the dumbest and least professional thing I've ever seen at a newspaper. Goldberg is just a strange little man.

10. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Man, I'm so glad I visited this thread. Sounds like there are some folks really, really excited to be on here talking about . . . drum roll, please . . . the SEC women's tournament.

Thanks for caring.

11. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I think this is one of those years where there is really no school with much chance to do much nationally and there is very little interest in the men or women.

Men's hoops in the SEC this year is the worse I can ever remember. The women are OK, but Tennessee being down (a bit) hurts interest a lot.

12. why is this thread?

Draft saved Draft deleted