1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC TV Network announced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 2, 2013.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

ESPN has a stake in this. They'll give it enough good games to get it on cable systems.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'd care a lot more if they took out the E and the space.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well said, o_t!

4. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Just noticed the URL. Great stuff right there.
    As for the announcement, it's going to be a huge money deal for all of the schools. I just hope it might be a part of my cable sports package.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll be curious if the SEC Network will ever get a conference game with LSU, Alabama or Florida.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, they will against the likes of Vandy or Ole Miss. If nothing else, just to artificially prop up the ratings.

Michigan and Ohio State football games have been on Big Ten Network. Not together, of course. But against Indiana or Purdue.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The SEC has announced that Farleigh Dickinson is starting a football program and joining the conference in order to get the network carriage in New York.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That would be the smart way to do it... There's enough national interest in Florida, LSU and Alabama that it is definitely in their best interest to get a few decent games on there the first couple years... The Big Ten network has had some pretty good games. I think during football season, this will basically be the Missouri, Vanderbilt and Kentucky network.

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

You make it sound like having lots of Kentucky football would be a bad thing. OK, I almost said that with a straight face.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Those schools produced 16 NFL draft picks, including three first rounders and 10 players taken in the first three rounds.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The single biggest marketing force in the Big Ten Network's short history was Michigan vs. Appalachian State.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The SEC Network football games were syndicated in 2012, with 12:21 p.m. Eastern kickoffs. Auburn was on there like five weeks in a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted