1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC talk radio host charged with investment fraud

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HackyMcHack, Mar 8, 2008.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Scott McKinney, the one-time host of "Conference Call" and "Southern Sports Tonight" syndicated sports talk shows (shows that had wide clearance across the south because of their SEC-heavy coverage) was brought up on racketeering charges Friday in Florida.

Story from the Northwest Florida Daily News:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12654

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If SEC stood for Securities and Exchange Commission, now that's a story.

3. Faithless

Faithless Member

I've known Scott for many years, dating back to his Ole Miss days. I'm very disappointed to hear about his arrest, and I will be very, very disappointed in him if the allegations are true.

He isn't letting the arrest affect his plans. Today, he changed his Facebook relationship status to "engaged."

Also on the Facebook page, you can view photos of Scott's trip to Rio de Janeiro. Another photo is from his birthday party in 2006. To his immediate left in the photo is Brian Campbell, one of those who claims they were swindled by McKinney.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good to know the schools in that conference aren't the only ones who cheat...

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Where is Jesus Muscatel? He was a big fan of "Southern Sports Tonight"

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yes, "Soos" will certainly be mortified to learn of this SST-related newsflash.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Are those last two supposed to be in blue?

8. Tenhut

Tenhut New Member

Is the show still on?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Funny, I never saw Jesus Muscatel's lips move once when Del answered ;)

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Yo, Scott, as a wise man once said, Don't drop the soap ...

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I will say this: At least one of the guys he (allegedly) ripped off seems to be on a jihad.

In our fair little hamlet, not too far from where Mr. McKinney got his start, we've been getting bombarded with e-mails from this guy.

Not that I blame him, really.

And, as with Elliot Spitzer, this one event coming to light makes me wonder if there are others in the past that might get shaken loose by the publicity about this case.

Draft saved Draft deleted