1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC suspends Bruce Pearl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 19, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Out for the first eight league games for violating NCAA rules and lying to investigators.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Surprised the punishment is not worse. In the SEC, lying to investigators is a big no-no.

You're supposed to let your assistants do all that and keep you out of the loop.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Deon Thomas approves.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pearl still having a job mystifies me. I have no doubt Tennessee could contractually cut him off without owing a dime.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As a fanboi, I love Bruce Pearl.

As an alum, though, I think he should be fired for severely impacting the credibility of the university.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lane Kiffin just giggled.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

09-10 Tennessee was the closest an SEC team has gotten to the Final Four post-back-to-back-Florida. Crazy, really.

(I know UK lost in the same round, but they got dumptrucked.)

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

was kind of thinking that also. i guess you have to say he has a high Q rating. i'm not a college b ball guru but when i think of SEC coaches the first names are Calipari and Donovan, then Pearl. i don't think he's even been to the elite 8, has he? know he's gone to the sweet 16. but i remember him dressing as a cheerleader and it seems like his name and face are always out there.

edit: damn forgot last year, don't remember that MIch ST game.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The who of the what now?

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Maybe he was being ironic.

Seriously, Mike Slive and the SEC have a vested interest in Tennessee making the tournament. With an NCAA punishment still looming, I would think that Slive might've taken a harder line with Pearl.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

And they did it after kicking Tyler Smith off of the team.

Jimmy Collins thinks 8 games wasn't enough. He was hoping for a death sentence for Bruce.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The only thing Pearl is guilty of as compared to any other relevant program is getting caught.

Draft saved Draft deleted