1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days???

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ChmDogg, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Getting this back on track for those who might actually need it:

The 2007 SEC Football Media Days will be held July 25-27 at The Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover, Ala. To order credentials for SEC Football Media Days, please log on to www.secsportsmedia.com. You will need to use your email address to access this site.

The schedule for 2007 SEC Football Media Days follows:

Wednesday, July 25
    9 a.m. -- Registration Opens
    11:30 a.m. -- Luncheon
    1 - 5 p.m. -- Arkansas / South Carolina / Auburn / Kentucky (Head Coach & Two Student-Athletes from each school)
    5 p.m. -- Reception (Sponsored by The Senior Bowl & The Wynfrey Hotel)

Thursday, July 26
    8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. -- Vanderbilt / Alabama / Miss. State / Florida (Head Coach & Two Student-Athletes from each school)
    1:30 p.m. -- Golf Outing (Bent Brook Golf Course)

Friday, July 27
    8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. -- Georgia / Ole Miss / LSU / Tennessee (Head Coach & Two Student-Athletes from each school)

If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you in Hoover!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLES R. BLOOM
    Associate Commissioner
    Southeastern Conference
    2201 Richard Arrington Blvd. North
    Birmingham, AL 35203
    (205) 458-3010
    (205) 458-3030 - FAX
    cbloom@sec.org
    www.secsports.com

-- All Times are Central --

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The 2007 SEC Football Media Days will be held July 25-27 at The Keg, or whatever that watering hole near the Wynfrey Hotel is. Along with McDonald's, because that's where most bean counters will insist y'all eat. You want anything special? Shut the fuck up.

The schedule for 2007 SEC Football Media Days follows:

Wednesday, July 25
    9 a.m. -- Registration Opens
    11:30 a.m. -- Cold cuts (receipts available)
    1 - 5 p.m. -- Arkansas / South Carolina / Auburn / Kentucky (Head Coach to speak his usual drivel -- Spurrier bein' an obvious exception; Tuberville ain't half bad, either -- along with two players attending college and bustin' heads on Saturday.)
    5 p.m. -- Reception (Sponsored by The Senior Bowl & The Wynfrey Hotel)
    10:30 p.m. -- Kegger (Sponsored by Colt 45 Malt Liquor, hosted by Billy Dee Williams, at The Keepin' It Real Club)

Thursday, July 26
    8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. -- Vanderbilt / Alabama / Miss. State / Florida (Head Coach gettin' this stuff out of the way early; Saban entering with indentured servants, Bama fans with Crimson socks and autograph books, in addition to assorted hangers-on, along with two student-athletes from Vanderbilt and six other guys).
    1:30 p.m. -- Golf Outing (Bent Brook Golf Course)
    2 p.m. -- SEC Media Drive Blocking Contest (Wynfrey Lobby, ahem, the trophy has done been retired for me and my boy now in Colorado)
    9 p.m. -- Mixed Drinks Throw-Down -- Roy Kramer's house. Be as obnoxious as possible.

Friday, July 27
    8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. -- Georgia / Ole Miss / LSU / Tennessee (Head Coach from three contenders and the other guy most famous for a song on the Internet; two players from each school)

If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you in Hoover, face down in the gutter!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JESUS MUSCATEL
    SEC Media Daze czar (for the time bein')

-- All Times are Central --

3. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

awww. I missed you too, boss.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Well done.

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Unfortunately I'll miss seeing the cool kids. i want complete recaps of stupid shit said and ridiculous costumes the kids will wear.

Also want to know if Collette finds her way to the Wynfrey.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Irene from Brooklyn can meet me there. My wounds have finally healed and I'm ready for another go.

7. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Was there rope involved? Chains? the masses want to know.

On topic, will Saban's time be a miserable experience, or will it be fun because the writers can fuck with him?

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Thanks John. I'll see you at the Mixed Drinks Throw-Down at Uncle Roy's house. I'll be the one gettin' the old-timers wet at the pool.

As Bill Murray said in Caddyshack, "Cannonball!"

9. John

John Well-Known Member

She used chains on me, and they hurt like a bitch. I'm still waiting for my left testicle to reappear.

And Jesus, I eagerly await the tossing back of drinks among the SEC fanboy loosers of SportsJournalists.com.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

because God knows how exclusive bagging SEC Media Days credentials is...

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

My favorite Sabanism, by the way, is when he says this or that gives him a lot of "self-gratification." In my mind, it conjures up an image of him masturbating while watching practice film and I always nearly laugh out loud.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Personally I can't wait 'til Saban shows up.

There's gonna be dynamics at work we haven't seen at Media Days in a long, long time.

I think it'll give Fulmer's no-show a few years back a run for the money.

Draft saved Draft deleted