1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days???

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ChmDogg, Jun 19, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear how many times Saban uses the phrase "self-determination."

I've never heard anyone babble so much self-help book bullshit.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Once upon a time, I used to be someone...

I think it was the 1990 Big ten meetings where I had to explain to people that the bar I was at the night before was not called "Bondage a go-go" but was "Bondage-a-go-go" night at the exit...

Someone very close to me was also the impetus behind Larry Henry night at Fraser's Pub during Steve Fisher's tenure at Michigan; details of which can be found on another thread...

I'm rusty, but yeah. I have, on occasion, been known to howl at the moon and put together a plan or two.

When you speak of me, speak well...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

besides, do it right and you can blame it on Spurrier

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Self-determine this, Napoleon.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Or all those pissed off Miami writers.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course, if you think a booster seat is too tough to sneak in, same bounty applies if you leave this...

[​IMG]

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

or this...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not just "self-determination" but "my own self-determination."

9. Johnny Dangerously

Or, even better, how players "are responsible for their own self-determination and their own self-gratification relative to their opportunities to put themselves in position to have success and act like champions, to dominate their opponent in everything that they do every day and to be responsible for their own self-determination relative to the team goals and the goals each individual sets relative to those team goals."

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And the same bounty to you especially if he gives one of those bullshit answers and your follow up is "OK, now say that in English instead of self-help speak..."

11. WS

WS Member

I think he's really got one of those books out.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Gotcha, slappy.

I used to have that quote in a save string, by the way.

And yes, he does have a book: "How Good Do You Want to Be." He gave me and everyone else on the beat a copy for Christmas 2004. The day it came out, with him in an LSU shirt on the cover, he was the new head coach of the Dolphins.

Draft saved Draft deleted