1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days???

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ChmDogg, Jun 19, 2007.

1. ChmDogg

ChmDogg Member

I know the dates and the location, but I have yet to receive any registration info. I checked the SEC site and didn't find anything.

Does anyone know where I can find the registration info and materials or who I can call?

Thanks much.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The folks at SEC-HQ are probably bunkered down, trying to figure out a way to hold the media days in a secret location this year and not have any media actually show up.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Call the SEC office -- (205) 458-3010 or go to www.secsportsmedia.com and register.

The deadline is July 9. I believe the deadline to reserve a room at the Wynfrey was yesterday.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

One time at SEC Media Daze, I wrote, "I haven't seen this many heavy-set, haphazardly dressed men in one place at one time since they closed the Catfish Shack in ...."

Of course I was one of the men I was referring to.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

And of course I was one of the others you were referring to.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I got my registration confirmation -- along with the raft full of cc'ed confirmations for my staff -- yesterday.

rb

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

Couldn't you have at least lied about the way I looked?

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Next time, chaz, next time.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He did.

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Me and one of my boys have an interesting practical joke possibility for SEC Media Daze, JD.

PM me for details.

Nick Saban is gonna arrive in a motorcade reserved for heads of state, Lynyrd Skynyrd or somebody who looks like the Bear, with Early Times and Chesterfields in tow.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Give you a year's supply of Slap Boudreaux's Creole Seasoning if you find a way to put a booster seat on the dais...

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Slappy, that is inspired.

Draft saved Draft deleted