1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC invades Missouri

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The more time I spend on SportsJournalists.com (which ain't much), the more I'm developing the impression that many of you might be better off just going ahead and fucking yourselves. I realize that the old-timers around here enjoy being the ones to start most of the new threads, but I'm going to occasionally start one or two myself.

And WS, you may be right. We'll all know for sure in a day or so.
    I can't remember, don't you cover one of the SEC schools?
    How much money was in the wheelbarrow that Bama rolled up to Antonio McDyess's doorstep during that long-ago recruiting process?
    State recruits well, using the same tactics that most other schools around the country do.
    Heck, even Ole Miss has jumped into the mix now that Huggins' protoge' Andy Kennedy is at the helm.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Blitz, whine all you want, but you must admit, this was a completely random (and insignificant) game for a thread basis.

I don't mean to be like The Good Doc here, but it's not like there aren't already threads where this could have gone.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/33885/

3. WS

WS Member

Blitz I actually don't cover an SEC school, but there's a few nearby.

McDyess had nothing on Mario Austin. Well, now he's got several million from a decent NBA career. Mario must be working for the Church of Stans. Or is he still crying in that ESPN special when he got screwed over in Siberia?

Ole Miss will never be competitive for good in-state recruits while Stans is there. That's a fact.

But back to your original question, I've seen MIzzou's new arena and it's very, very nice in my opinion. M$U had a good win down at Miami. I guess Missouri's about the same type of team.

4. Yee freaking haw!

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um, the SEC already invaded the Show-Me State once and lost. Mizzou beat Arkansas, 86-64, on Nov. 30.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Astute.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Why does this lame-ass game get its own thread? I can think of 50 other games which deserve more attention than this non-league schedule filler.

8. WS

WS Member

let's start predictions

Missouri 78, Mississippi $tate 70

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Prediction: Half-empty gym.

DTGDTN!

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Nobody posted on this the other nite. I figured I'd finalize this thread once and for all: :)

Missouri 83, Mississippi State 75
    Attendance: 7,527
    The first half of Tuesday's contest was a game of runs. Mizzou opened the contest with a 13-0 run, before Mississippi State responded with a 13-0 run of its own. Then the Bulldogs used a 12-2 run to build a 10-point lead, before the Tigers closed the half with a 14-0 run to take a 43-37 lead into halftime.

The Tigers won their 18th consecutive home game vs. non-conference opposition. That's the longest run of non-conference wins at home since the Tigers won 18 straight over the 2000-03 seasons.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Great. Thanks.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Jealous? MU has beaten two SEC teams to KU's one. :)

But yeah, this thread needs Taps to be played.

Draft saved Draft deleted