1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Football Writers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tdell8, Apr 27, 2015.

1. jaxson5

jaxson5 Member

Where in the world is there a $35k job covering HS lacrosse? Lol

2. scottsalomon

scottsalomon New Member

Chris, I sent you an email. Can you review it and get back to me? Thank you. Scott

3. scottsalomon

scottsalomon New Member

Chris, please review my email and get back to me. I forwarded it to careers and to you personally. Thank you. Scott

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Chris, did you get to Scott's email yet? Thank you. Ty.

5. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

6. SP7988

SP7988 Member

From my understanding, I don't think it's overnight. They've been pretty popular for the last couple years. Seemed to be growing every year.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

And here's the new job position. Doesn't look like 15 new hires...just one.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking Full-Time College Football Writer

Description:

The creators of the SEC football brand SaturdayDownSouth.com are launching a Big Ten football brand entitled Saturday Tradition. We are looking to hire a serious sports writer to cover the 14 football teams in that prestigious conference. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a website launch to create an identity for a brand and grow an audience.

Responsibilities:

- Identify potential storylines and understand what does (and does not) resonate with readers.

- Produce articles that include analysis, opinion columns, and aggregating news.

- Work within editorial guidelines to refine work and publish on a deadline.

- Ability to write clean, concise and interesting content of all sizes.

- Demonstrate strong grammar skills, meticulous attention to detail and a firm grasp of AP style.

- Willingness to work a combination of days/nights, weekdays/weekends out of our Orlando, FL, office.

Requirements:

Requirements for this job include a bachelor's degree in journalism, at least two years of professional experience covering sports, and demonstrated digital publishing expertise. Preference given to those with experience covering Big Ten football and working knowledge of the teams and culture.

The ideal candidates are able to demonstrate substantial football analysis, understand storylines and pay close attention to detail while working on a deadline. We are looking for candidates that are self-motivated with a strong work ethic.

Apply to apply@saturdaytradition.com with resume and links to relevant clips of your work. Tell us what makes you qualified for this position and what teams are most known. In the Subject line, write 'YOUR NAME - Application for College Football Writer'

About Saturday Football, Inc.:

The flagship brand of Saturday Football, Inc. is Saturday Down South, the largest website dedicated to SEC football coverage with over 15 million visits per month last season. The company has a full-time staff in its office on the north side of Orlando in Longwood, Florida.

8. djdennisOU

djdennisOU Member

I'm about to send my resume and info for Saturday Tradition, which I caught on JJobs before I saw it posted here.

9. scottsalomon

scottsalomon New Member

Chris, how can you be contacted regarding this position? Thank you.

10. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

[​IMG]

BrendaStarr, Double Down and BigRed like this.
  11. LesJ9488

LesJ9488 Member

His email is in one of his responses in this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted