1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC football TV deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Jul 24, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was just taking the already announced affiliates, but since you asked nicely ...

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hopefully, it's on ESPNU, which I don't get, so they don't befoul my airwaves with more slurping homers/announcers.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If I can get a couple extra tickets to the Iron Bowl this season, you wanna go? :)

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No this is independent from the ESPNU broadcasts, and will be much worse games. And if they do get an affiliate in NYC, I will start a fund to have you liveblog Dave Neal calling the action during an SEC-Sun Belt smackdown.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't believe they're going to break up the Three Daves.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]

America's Team.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You knew I wouldn't let it go, right?

Hey, I'm not defending the rest of the SEC. Open fire on them. And it's not that I think good cfb doesn't exist outside the south. It's just that Georgia is making a good-faith effort to change its scheduling ways, and a fair discussion of the whole intersectional thing should reflect that. Florida and Mississippi? To hell with them. They're dragging the rest of the conference down. :D

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Now that I can accept. And you are correct, things are changing at Georgia and it's commendable they're finally changing their ways. I'd love to go to a game there someday, in late October, after it cools off.

Draft saved Draft deleted