1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC deskers please note

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, May 19, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The AP will NOT be photo staffing the first three (corrected) days of the SEC baseball tournament.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Butch Dill, who strings for AP, is looking for some side work on Thursday and Friday ... but no joy on the first day, he has other plans.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

freakin wow.

3. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

No surprise. At all. This is the same AP that wasn't staffing University of South Carolina basketball HOME games when they were like 18-5 until I started firing off nasty e-mails. They told me since they weren't ranked they couldn't cover them.

Then, they started covering them.

4. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

Actually, AP is not photo-staffing the first THREE days of the SEC Tournament. At least that's my understanding. Will be staffing Saturday and Sunday. And if you want to put in a special order, be prepared to take out a loan.

As Henry said, Butch Dill can shoot Thursday and Friday but not Wednesday. Anybody know a free-lancer who can shoot the Ole Miss game on Wednesday and not charge 1 zillion dollars?

5. HejiraHenry

Fixed my original post ... thanks.

6. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Our guy is down there shooting and he might be interested in freelancing. Marc F. Henning 479-957-3466.

7. HejiraHenry

A verrrrry tidy sum.

8. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

thanks for the name, redsoxman. will he charge less than $1 zillion?

9. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Rusty, Henry ... any word on whether our Mississippi AP is going to shoot the C-USA tournament in Hattiesburg? Called them tonight and a woman who sounded like she couldn't care less said she'd have to get back to me.

10. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

redsoxman: tell your guy to demand one hundred million dollars.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. HejiraHenry

Lordy, I can't imagine that they would ... Rusty's sister paper in Hattiesburg might have designs on some foto coverage out of there, though.

12. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

The American will be shooting the USM game Wednesday night. Not sure about their plans for the other games. I think they'll put some shots on the wire.

Draft saved Draft deleted