1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC college towns ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ledbetter, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

As far as I know Fat Tire is only available west of the Mississippi. I'm not sure why everyone's so high on it. I'm a beer fanatic, but I'd rather drink PBR than Fat Tire.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What do you think of NB's 1554, Skinny Dip, Abbey or Sunshine Wheat?

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Depalma's is a much better overall joint, though I love the beer variety at MM.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

can't go wrong with that, this is true

love the pretzels at mm, too

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

there used to be a place outside of gainesville -- not sure if it's north or south -- called the rendezvous club or something like that.
    strip joint that served food -- nothing like an omelette while looking at some fake boobs.
    anybody know if it is still there?
    Ledbetter -- you gettting all this, and what's the inch count up to on your story -- 40-50 inches?

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Just trying to reach my goals.

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

It's called Cafe Risque - 9 miles south of town on I-75. Lots of lonely truckers eating omelets and checking out two or three college chicks who are stripping under flourescent lighting and praying to god no one they know stops in on a fluke. Almost no one local ever goes there - it's like Satan's Denny's.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This thread has given me a hankering for The Chimes. I spent many a night there in my formative years but haven't been in a long while. Heading down for the LSU game tomorrow, so it might be time to stop in.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll echo Ye Olde Steak House. Can't believe I forgot to mention it earlier. Bud Ford still takes the out of town guys there on Friday nights before home games.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Agreed. As a grad, I should kick my own ass for leaving Ye Olde off the list.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

we're just impressed a ut grad can compile a list. congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted