1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC baseball tournament, Hoover, Ala.

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jesus_Muscatel, May 5, 2011.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Active Member

Soon-to-be freelance sports journalist covering SEC baseball tournament, May 25-29 in Hoover, Ala.

Will cover any/and or all of the eight teams participating, and produce as much copy as anyone in the Southeast or even beyond may desire.

Game stories, notebooks, sidebars, even columns, whatever you want, short of latter-day Gettysburg Addresses from my longtime SEC sportswriting colleagues.

Got a compensation figure in mind? Lay it on me.

References, natch, on request.

(And yes, JD, you are in that number.)

PM for any details. Thanks.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

As the late George Steinbrenner (voiced by Larry David) once said, "Hire this man!"

Jesus_Muscatel, in addition to having one of the coolest names here or anywhere, is a damn hard worker, much harder than the person to whom Big Stein was referring on that particular episode of "Seinfeld." He'll do right by you. I've shared many a press box with him, including each level and wing at the one in Hoover. He knows his way around the venue, the tournament, the conference and any and all gigs. He was covering SEC baseball before the league won any of its eight national championships. Just ask him about the coach who, sensing a bunch of football writers trying to cover baseball, explained a loss in Omaha by snarling "The linebackers didn't shoot the gaps, OK?"

If you've half a mind, go all the way. Don't hesitate. He's so cool, he won't sweat it if you don't use the underscore in his byline.

(Stipulate in writing he has to send me a souvenir, one that will either make me laugh or cry. His choice.)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

An autographed pic of Gene Hallman?

4. loserboy891

loserboy891 New Member

I'd like to piggy-back on this post. Please let me know via PM or posting here if you need any freelance coverage of the tournament.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

I just laughed until I cried.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe we can put together a care package... pic of Mean Gene, Dr Pepper cup, the usual SEC trinket.. maybe a notarized document that proves Ray Tanner can smile...

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Tim Corbin too?

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

There is something very wrong with the fact that J_M is out at his soon-to-be former paper, while another writer with a fraction (a small fraction) of his ability remains.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps we can just send Mr. Dangerously Tim Corbin?

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Albert, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

A $20 and a six of Miller Lite, will that work?

Jesus

Draft saved Draft deleted