1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle Times seeking Kraken/NHL reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by paulbarrett, May 28, 2021.

1. paulbarrett

paulbarrett Member

The Seattle Times is seeking a sports reporter to cover the Seattle Kraken, NHL and other topics as needed. This person will work with The Seattle Times’ lead Kraken/NHL reporter in one of America’s most vibrant sports cities and regions. Successful applicants will be proven digital and print journalists who are equally adept at spot news, analysis, storytelling and enterprise. This role calls for self-starters who possess strong news judgment and excellent verbal, analytic and writing skills, along with the ability to work all stories under pressure within assigned deadlines.

Apply online at The Seattle Times | Careers

E-mail Sports Editor Paul Barrett at pbarrett@seattletimes.com with questions.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Man, in my younger days *** Paul is aces. This is a GREAT gig.

RonClements and MileHigh like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not the Moddy seal of approval, but it gets mine. As with all jobs here. Concur with Moddy. This is a great job and you will grow, learn and excel here led by Paul. If you don't, that's on you.

PaperDoll likes this.
  4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

There is a name I hope applies for the gig. A quality hockey writer out there looking for a permanent home.

5. Moderator1

Curious if it is the same one I encouraged to apply earlier tonight.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do you have to know if "Kraken" is singular or plural? Seriously - is the team named after one Kraken or multiple Kraken(s). Kraki?

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I don't know. But when I told this person he did say I was the second person to suggest it. And he has crossed paths with you before.

Moderator1 likes this.
  8. Moderator1

The "he" clinches it, not the same person!

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Kraken is plural in German.

10. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Good luck to everyone applying! This is a great job

11. bighec711

bighec711 New Member

Not applying for it, so I can ask? Isn't the cost of living in Seattle horrifying?

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Where isn't the cost of living where there are one or more major league sports not horrifying?

Draft saved Draft deleted