1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle Times bans their sports reporters from local TV and radio

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kolchak, Aug 30, 2017.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Of course they are paid.

2. KeyboardKing

KeyboardKing New Member

That's rich coming from a guy who brags about stealing content.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You got a real hard on for me, huh? Six total posts and basically all of them addressed to me about jailbreaking an Amazon firestick. Is that you, Bezos? Did I fuck your girlfriend or something? Throw you into a locker back in the late 80s? I'm picturing Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison. Go stalk someone else, ya spineless fuck.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When Kornheiser was still on Dan Snyder's radio station a couple years ago, he'd have Feinstein on, the station would sell a sponsor for the appearance and the station wouldn't pay Feinstein. Eventually, he stopped calling in for free, and he was right. If they're going to make money that can be directly tied to you and they aren't willing to cut you in, you should walk out of self respect if nothing else.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't have much problem with this ban at all. It is competing, conflicting business interest, and work places in other industries make such determinations and disallow such things all the time.

And now, the newspaper reporters will be focused on their newspaper work. That can't be a bad thing, for the newspaper, at least.

6. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Spin time. Before people got ahold of this story, the Seattle Times was saying they don't want their reporters appearing on competing forms of media. Now that the story is out, they say it's just KJR 950 they don't want their reporters to appear on.

[​IMG]

The scuttlebutt that they're doing this because the radio station called them out on their arena stance still remains though.

Updated story on SeattleSportsNet.com.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LOL. It's either that or the jackhole blog site got the first story wrong.

This is what the jackhole wrote in a follow-up. By singling out one entity and labeling their commentary as “off-color” and “sexist,” the newspaper could be trending into libelous territory.

That's fucking idiotic and coming from someone with a real hard-on about the paper.

Seattle Times bans its sportswriters from appearing on local radio station KJR (updated)

8. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted