1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle SJ.com outing BASEBALL TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, May 1, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Works every time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I realize I don't need to say this because this is as upstanding a group as there is, but I am going to say it anyway: Please pay promptly.
    I had all my money within a week in 2005 and JR and crew had theirs quickly the following year. Wasn't an issue last year.
    Our fine hosts have done their job and we need to do ours.

One other thing - we don't buy them drinks to cover the fees. We buy them drinks because of the work they put in to host this thing. It is a lot of effort and planning and their money is no good in Seattle. That's a given.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So far I've gotten paid by these folks:

Lono
    Ralph Wiggum
    Moddy
    IJAG
    Pallister
    Dreunc
    DocTalk

If you've paid and you're not on here, please PM me. It hasn't shown up in my paypal.

If you're not going to be able to pay by Saturday or Sunday, please PM me so I don't freak out.

Angola, you're exempt, since you've already PMd me about it. :)

4. Moderator1

I'll say it again - the success of these outings depends on people paying promptly. We ask the hosts to shell out some considerable upfront money. If you've made arrangements, as Angola appears to have done, that's cool. But please don't keep the hosts waiting for their coin.

5. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Pay the woman people, else I'll have to get my police chief father involved.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

All right, anyone who's coming in Thursday, please post when you're arriving. Hopefully we can get some groups together at the airport to cut down on cab costs.

I'm landing at 3:30 p.m., and lono is on my plane.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

6:50 p.m. I will probably be the last one to arrive that day.

8. Moderator1

Uh, no. Don't wait. We're in at 11 p.m., assuming we actually get the tickets purchased.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

According to Delta, who's switched up on us twice already, 11:53 a.m. arrival Thursday in Seattle.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Red-eye flight?

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I sit corrected.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll be there between noon and midnight Thursday.

Draft saved Draft deleted