1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle shooting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WHA73, Jul 28, 2006.

1. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

6 Shot, 1 Fatally at Seattle Jewish Center

By TIM BOOTH
    Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/ELAINE THOMPSON

AP VIDEO
    Deadly Shooting at Jewish Center in Seattle

U.S. Video

Advertisement

SEATTLE (AP) -- A man walked into a Jewish organization Friday afternoon and opened fire, killing one woman and injuring at least five others before he was arrested, officials said.

The gunman, who employees said claimed to be a Muslim angry at Israel, forced his way through the security door at the Jewish Federation after an employee had punched in her security code, said Marla Meislin-Dietrich, a co-worker who was not at the building at the time.

Staff members said they overheard him saying "'I am a Muslim American, angry at Israel,' before opening fire on everyone," Meislin-Dietrich said. "He was randomly shooting at everyone."

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How many deaths is the Seattle area up to now for the summer?

3. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

clearly, this is israels fault.

4. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Clearly

5. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Removing the infidels from the face of the earth--one by one :'(

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I blame soccer

7. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

I blame high testosterone levels

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The shootings so rocked the Seattle area that Western Washington gas stations raised prices 10- percent

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Tonight I heard Michael Savage going on and on about how there need to be more people with guns in synagogues. As if that would help things.
    Give me a break. No fucking way does he have a Ph.D. No fucking way he made it past the sixth grade.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Get ready for the GOP talking points: Terrorism. Terrorism. Terrorism.

They're going to milk this for all it's worth.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

my mom works part-time at the wiesenthal center in LA, which is ripe for something like this.

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I might start to go the route of 50 Cent and wear bulletproof gear to the office.

What the hell is wrong with this world? Religion really is going to be the cause of WW3.

Doesn't the bible say Israel will be the last place standing when it all goes down?

Draft saved Draft deleted