1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle ROTC kid blows his leg apart at football game.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by enigami, Dec 21, 2006.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Dumbasses. Reminds me of the Texans who advocate to not split overcrowded high schools in order to preserve powerful football programs.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

From one of the comments on the Seattle story:

I have none of the answers, but this particularly gives me pause.

There are other comments which suggest that this young man may not be getting many visitors because he's not a very popular young man.

I'm just saying, maybe it's not all black and white. Almost all of you realize that in situations like this, there's almost always shades of grey.

3. Canyonero!

Canyonero! Member

Does this qualifying as trolling?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, but certainly not enough to earn him any TOY votes.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What the fuck is wrong with people?

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

What's wrong with you people? Paging Chief Roberts, Chief Roberts...

SECOND AMENDMENT
    A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms cannons shall not be infringed.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And someone on Wikipedia has a bit of fun, adding this to the entry about the school:

A new tradition was started on October 6th 2006, deemed "ROTC target practice." The school's ceremonial cannon lets loose a volley at a random ROTC student's leg. Afterwards, the town's fine citizens spread cheer and wish him the gift of symmetry, threatening to blow off his other leg too if he raises a fuss about it. This new tradition has been met with the community’s full support.

The Target Practice Parade is in the process of being planned to commemorate the October 6th incident. This parade will feature burning effigies of the student, his leg, and his family. The parade will throw out KY jelly to the children, and incorporate a hundred goat processional. It is yet to be announced when the parade will take place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Snohomish_Senior_High_School&oldid=95552782

Wonder how long it lasts.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

"the town's fine citizens spread cheer and wish him the gift of symmetry"

That's got to make the short list of lines of the year.

9. It's black and white.
    The kid nearly lost his leg, and people in that town were angry at him for screwing up a "tradition."
    I think they should play a home and home with that Confederate-flag-waving school in Kentucky.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I can't believe this

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well ... of course. Then ... it's black and white.

12. OK, show me some deep thinking and explain to me why I should take seriously some commenter who throws up a bunch of irrelevant hooey. What "shade of gray" is there? The event happened. The kid got some heat for nearly losing his leg. The people who gave him that heat are fungi. QED.

Draft saved Draft deleted