1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle/Portland, OR freelancer available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by David Dyer, Jun 9, 2016.

1. David Dyer

David Dyer New Member

Hi,

I'm a recently relocated sports writer that has made his way to Seattle from Maine. I have eight years of experience and have previously worked for the Biddeford Journal Tribune and Kennebec Journal. I have also done previous freelance work with the Springfield (Mass.) Republican, Albany (N.Y.) Times and The Hour of Norwalk, Ct., among others. Since my move to Seattle in October, I have done freelance work for the Seattle Times, The US Olympic website and HERO Sports, a national college sports site. Some recent examples of my work is available below.

I've covered both high school and college athletics. I have also covered the New England Patriots of the NFL, the Seattle Storm of the WNBA, the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League, the Maine Red Claws of the NBA D-League and the Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.

I am available to cover any high school, college or pro sports here in the Seattle area ASAP and can provide more writing samples upon request. Also available to travel to Portland, OR under the right circumstances. If interested, please feel free to contact me at davidrdyer@outlook.com. Thank you!

Dave Dyer

Breanna Stewart scores 25 but Storm loses 85-82 in overtime

Training Camp Prepares US Women for World Title Defense

Michael Phelps Opens Winter Nationals With 60th U.S. Title

Shields Gives Phelps Run For Money In 100-Meter Fly

Missy Franklin Wins Two U.S. Titles At Winter Nationals

Seabeck's Steve Slaby, Seattle's Sophia Liu top finishers in Seattle Marathon

2. David Dyer

David Dyer New Member

Latest story from a few weeks ago, covering Seattle Sounders for Seattle Times...

http://bit.ly/24U3GSD

3. David Dyer

David Dyer New Member

4. David Dyer

David Dyer New Member

5. David Dyer

David Dyer New Member

Just as a heads up, I can now cover sporting events in Vancouver, BC as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted