1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle-PI announcement to come next week

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by silvercharm, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Got that right. Only way to get out from under the suits' wrath and stupidity is to make a go of it without them, in the first place.

We've reached the "c'mon kids, let's put on a show!" stage of daily journalism. No stock issuings. No dividends. Hell, no profit margins to ever inspire greed and bad editorial decisions. Barely hope ... but it's something.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Only two from sports survived? Egad...What a hellish day/week for this industry.

The P-I, the KC Star, the RMN, the Miami Herald, the Raleigh N&O, the Tucson Citizen, McClatchy...Could things get any worse?

Wait, please don't answer that...

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Not to doubt your sources, but I have yet to read/hear that from anywhere else. I'll be very curious to see what names appear if that is true.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I keep coming back to this, which is from executive producer Michelle Nicolosi's explanation of what's to come:

Uh, Michelle, that's not exactly what I've heard. Especially from the people who are now out of work.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, it is hard to describe the feeling of having a mouthful of vomit.

6. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Ugh! I just had a "Lovely and Talented" flashback.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Woo and tweets... is this what we've come to?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

eat dick, michelle.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Is that what you call it?

Draft saved Draft deleted