1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle outing/gathering, 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, May 27, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

portland is a much better town no matter what angola will try to tell you.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, you beat me to it.
    Portland is cool, much like Austin is cool, but neither can live up to Seattle.
    Sorry, Tom.
    We've been over this.
    Portland is a lame version of Seattle, not that there is anything wrong with that.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

herky - angola is a bald-faced fucking liar. he's just mad because he knows portland kicks seattle's ass. ;D

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Seattle is better and I"ve never even been there. :)

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

There is only one thing better in Portland than Seattle: The strip clubs. Other than that, it is a first-rate city, just second rate to Seattle.

6. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Since I grew up in the Midwest, I immediately made this comparison after visiting the PNW ...

Portland is to Seattle as St. Louis is to Chicago. Only, the first two are much, much cleaner.

Of course, I'd rather live in Chicago than St. Louis, but that's because I'm a Cubs fan, and there are just some things that take precedence.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

strip clubs herky?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

set down the crack pipe spup. crack kills. :D

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on Tom, you know the eight-ball is oh so good.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

eight-what? ;)

11. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I've only been to a strip club twice in my life, and both times were against my will.

The first time was at The Bear Chest -- I think -- in Beloit, Wisconsin, and the other one was either in Peoria, Illinois, or East Peoria.

I realize that by divulging this information, I run the risk of being banned from SportsJournalists.com for life.

Do to me what you will, but please, be fair and just.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think strip clubs are pointless. I just went to a buddy's wedding in Portland the clubs we went to lived up to their billing. Plus, I think they have passed legislation in Seattle that you can't do lap dances anymore, so obviously their strip clubs suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted