1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle outing/gathering, 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, May 27, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You will all again be pleased to know that I will not be in attendance.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because she knows i'll probably be there. ;)

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oooh, I may actually have to show now.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Random thought: If any Seattle folks would like to get together for a beer Saturday, June 23, let me know. I will be in town and I am willing to hang out with some SportsJournalists.com folks if anyone wants to.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's go-time.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Starbucks on every corner!!

Seriously ... I'm a Maritime girl and standing on the dock was he first time in years I had felt the sea spray o my face and then I got to follow it up with fresh seafood.

The downtown is vibrant, the air is clean, it's the site of my first NFL game attended, the people were fantastic, the microbrews are tough to beat, the dining divine, the culture is rich ... what else? If I could move there, I would.

Oh and where else in the world could you see Ann Wilson sing the national anthem? Superb.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Mais certainement, mon petit chou-chou.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You're gonna get everybody in trouble.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Possible.
    How about instead I say, random inquiry?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but surely my little creampuff?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

am i close?

12. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I visited friends in Portland and Seattle this time last year, and it was amazing.

I flew to Seattle, drove a rental car to Portland and stayed a few days then drove back to Seattle and stayed a few days before jetting out.

Don't forget that the Tacoma Rainiers aren't too far away from Seattle either. I saw them play an 11 a.m. game last year, which was a little weird.

I definitely prefer Portland over Seattle, but I'd live in either city in a heartbeat.

I'll definitely have to consider joining this shindig next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted