1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle outing/gathering, 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, May 27, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You didn't come to Vegas. Scoreboard, bitch. ;D

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Make sure it's in late July or early August please.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

If you can do that date range, the wifey and I might be able to make it. She spent four years at UW and her grandma lives in Bellevue (sp?), and I'd love to go back.

The first time we were there it was sunny with a few clouds and just gorgeous. We had lunch down on the water near the ferry out of downtown and it was just stunning.

I would move there in a heartbeat if I wasn't tethered to DC. And if I had a job lined up.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The closest I've been to Seattle is a) Louisville or b) the Starbucks near my apartment. But that's my "blow my shit fucking life up and start over before it's too late" destination, or at least on a short list.

Good news: Skybus serves my city and Seattle. Better news: if you're one of the first 10 ticket-buyers for a specific flight, they're 10 bucks. Bad news: the way the flights are staggered, you're committed to a day layover in Columbus (technically you're taking two seperate flights instead of a flight with a layover or transfer).

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Never been to the Northwest. That's something I'd save up for.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

So that weirdo with the 1950s hipster lingo who posted on the Trenton thread is excluded.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

10-4, daddy-o.

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Have always wanted to get there myself. Hanging with the SportsJournalists.com bunch sounds like the ideal reason. I will keep it in mind.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We have to wait on the baseball schedules for next year to get a date range, but it'll be July or August.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Florida is so far away from everywhere.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a day in victoria would be a lotta fun as well. hmmmm, cubans.

12. baskethead

baskethead Member

For those wanting something to look forward to, it's 77 degrees and sunny in the beautiful Puget Sound region today, and expected to be in the 75-85 degree range for most of the rest of the week. Looks like the roof will be open at Safeco as Edgar Martinez is inducted into the Mariners' Hall of Fame Saturday.

Draft saved Draft deleted