1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle area

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Angola!, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

angola - just what do you have against the fine folks from everett? they're no PI, but they do sell about 50k papers a day, don't they?

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

From the Seattle Times:

The King County Journal's new owner says it will decide in the next few weeks whether to close the struggling suburban daily.

"We want to take one more look and see if there's a way to save the paper," Don Kendall, vice president of Sound Publishing, said Monday.

More at: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003450648_kcjournal28.html

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I like Everett. Good paper, IMO. And no, I don't work there.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Petty - When did I say anything against Everett? I don't like the city - smells bad - but I have heard it is a really good paper, but I never saw it for sale on the Eastside, that is for sure. Maybe it is growing?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

angola - tongue was firmly in cheek when i asked what you had against everett. i was addressing the fact that when i think of kent, i think seattle. when i think of everett, i think seattle. maybe you can't pick up an everett paper in city center. hell, maybe i shoulda just left everett out of the discussion.

shit, i only buy the PI when i'm home anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted