1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle area daily folds

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Frank_Ridgeway, Dec 28, 2006.

1. statrat

statrat Member

This did not come out of the blue. The Journal had been limping along for some time. The weekly and twice-monthly papers in the KC Journal group seem to be doing well however, and last I heard Black was looking to reinvent the Journal as a free commuter daily. I applied for a job at the Journal group when I was first looking to get into the biz, and they did not seem to have much of a identity or know quite how to compete with the big dailies. Hopefully they get everything figured out.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Right ... brain fart again, sorry. I'm not sold on him buying the P-I but anything could happen. I mean the guy bold-faced told us there was no money for raises one year and then he was splashed across a four-page feature in a Canadian business magazine, bragging about his 77-foot ketch around the Caribbean.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Report in Seattle Times says Black may use those presses to save Seattle P-I:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003534096_blackpi21.html

Draft saved Draft deleted