1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle 2008 SJ.com outing: T-minus one week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Re: Seattle 2008 SportsJournalists.com outing

Seattle is too costly for air fare for me and I want to save up for that incredible Spnited-JR 60th birthday bash in NYC in August.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I think that's 2009?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That is correct.

I still think the spnited-JR bash should start in Toronto and end in NYC.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

The girls are going to Barney's and that's fucking final.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is our shoe shopping trip, dammit! Estrogen only!!!!!!!

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'll tag along if I can play the role of Al Bundy for a day.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, good luck finding a designated driver!

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Good point.

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's $16 to go to the top of the Space Needle. Pike Place Market is free, though.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

On a serious note, (one of) the problems with Dallas was that nobody could commit after the host bailed out. So nobody was sure if anybody was going to be there -- as a result, nobody went. IJAG went completely out of her way to try to make it happen anyway, but without any firm plan(ner)s in place there was little she could do.

This time, you've got four of us who will definitely be there. Same people who showed up in Vegas (after, ahem, another "host" bailed), so we've done this before. Had the idea last April, got the confirmation from Moddy soon after, been budgeting it on our own, and we're all committed to it. If the sked on the Mariners' Web site is correct, then the dates are set in stone. That gives everybody about seven months to make their plans.

So for anybody on the fence about it, at least you know enough other SJers will be there to hang out with. That's a pretty good start.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I really hope I can get my situation ironed out in time to put this outing on my calendar. I was able to squeeze the impromptu outing in this past summer amid serious chaos thanks to a dependable vehicle and a few really good people on this board.

Besides ... I really need to see the spot where Lofa Tatupu almost cracked Nick Goings' head open a couple of years ago ... :p

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

One thing to keep in mind, the weather in Seattle in June can be quite crappy. I was up there this past June and it was about 55 degrees and rainy. Now, that just caused me channel my youth, but don't be expecting warm sunny days.

Good thing Safeco - which is the best stadium I've ever been to - has a roof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.