1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle 2008 SJ.com outing: T-minus one week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Re: Seattle 2008 SportsJournalists.com outing

Wicked and IJAG are right. It's not fair to point at Dallas as the reason there should only be East Coast outings. Dallas fell apart because of the timing and the organizer's schedule.

With a seven month window, there's plenty of time for people to put aside money and take time off. And I believe Seattle will be a success.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The fish market, the Experience Music Project and the Space Needle will all be visited by me.

I'm not touching no fish though. Bleech!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK Bucky, you want to get personal? You want to get personal, SABR4Kidz? I can make this messy!!

I fucking went west this summer. You can look it up on a map, Sparky! Where I went to meet a handful of SportsJournalists.commers in the last week of July is indeed west of where I live! That's a fucking fact!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME POST THE YAHOO MAP!!!! :D :D :D

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

We do have tournament games into the second week of June.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I remember them going well into June in Indiana, but they're nuts there.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

State finals in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, the two states with which I'm most familiar, end about June 20, give or take a few days.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh and in case the spate of :D :D :D didn't make it clear, I was only riffing on my East Coast elitism when I said only outings out here would work.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fucking dickhead! :D :D :D

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not sure that's a fair statement. I was going to go to the D.C. and Toronto outings but fate conspired against me in both instances. D.C., I was working because it was a Yankees-Mets series. Toronto, I had a friend get married in Vegas and I couldn't afford both trips.

But to say posters become "are gung-ho when the trip is announced and increasingly less so as it approaches" is as IJAG said, painting with a broad brush.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

http://tinyurl.com/3bzgnz

You're right. My bad. :D

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, it's human nature. Make a cool-sounding suggestion to people and the immediate response is positive. And here, in November, it's easy to imagine that one can make the trip to Seattle in seven months. But as the trip gets closer, reality creeps in...job demands, tight budgets, what not. That's all I'm saying: I will be surprised if the turnout in Seattle is as large as initially advertised.

And I would say the same thing if the outing was in NYC, or Boston, or DC or any other far superior East Coast city. :D

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

As usual, Bucky, you overflow with quality. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.