1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle 2008 SJ.com outing: T-minus one week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Seattle 2008 SportsJournalists.com outing

RSC, I'm infamous, myself :D

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If there's pickup basketball to be played, RSC would kick everyone's asses.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

DAMN SKIPPY!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Far be it for me to take a giant whizz on everyone's initial enthusiasm, but I'll wager that when the Nats and Mariners play in the middle of June, there will be four--maybe five--SportsJournalists.commers there: Joe, Bucky, SC, Cadet and maybe loooooser fanboy Moddy.

I know Dallas fell apart for many reasons, and I imagine joe is a reliable host-in-training, but it's hard to forget how everyone this side of JDV was committing to going...and then everyone cancelled for one reason or another.

Plus, it's a fact these things don't work outside of the east coast. :D :D :D

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So let's see you show up, asshole! :D :D

Problem was last year that no one ever bought the damn plane tickets. (That and the original host bailed. And yeah, it was Dallas.) Everyone was waiting for everyone else to make the first move.

Once we have a date SET IN STONE, I am opening up the wallet and booking tickets. Now.

The timing is not good for most people who cover preps, as I told SC when she first proposed the idea of mid-June, but that's what will happen.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A.) Dallas fell apart because the organizer bailed.
    B.) This is earlier in the summer, away from football media days.
    C.) I've been to every one, and I will make every effort to go to this one.

You choose not to go, that's fine. And things do change within the next 7 months...jobs, family concerns, etc. I don't think it's fair to paint with a broad brush.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Booooooooo. If Tom Petty says he's going, I will book my vacation on Tuesday.
    Screw it. I love Seattle. I'm going anyway.
    But we have to make a trip to the fish market, for sure!

8. RedSmithClone

Yeah, well I'll make U famous! :p

9. RedSmithClone

I wanna catch a fish at the market!

10. joe

joe Active Member

Please stay civil, everyone, and play nice.

If you make it, we'll be happy to have you. If you don't, we hope to see you at the next one.

Joe

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not...and I wish I could go, but we've already booked a vacation for '08 and I don't foresee having the extra coin I'd need to swing another cross-country trip. And you and Wicked are right, there were exteniauting (sp) circumstances that helped implode the Dallas trip. But my experience (and Passy has said this as well) is that people are gung-ho when the trip is announced and increasingly less so as it approaches.

No fault to that, it's human nature. And I hope I'm wrong and that Seattle has a ton of SportsJournalists.commers invading it in mid-June.

And if one of them isn't named Wicked, maybe I'll go. I can't stand that hunk o'crap. :D :D :D

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Do preps really go into mid-June for y'all? When I was in the Southeast, they ended in early-to-mid May and, here in SoCal, they end around Memorial Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.