1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle 2008 SJ.com outing: T-minus one week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, here is my dilemma.

Something has come up Friday afternoon that I can't miss. If I still try and make it to Seattle, I wouldn't get there until nearly midnight Friday, so I don't see a point.

I could drive halfway Friday and then come in Saturday, go to Babar's house and then drive all the way back Sunday, but that seems like a lot of driving to me. Plus, I don't have a hotel room for Saturday night and the hotels in Seattle are insanely expensive.

Anyway, thoughts?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Dreunc's leaving Saturday, so there's an extra spot in our room, 'gola. (Not that we'll be there much anyway, because of AB's party.)

Get your ass up there. Don't be a bitch and bail like so many others. :p

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Agreed with bw. Show up, Gola, even if only for the night.

Somehow, I have a feeling that we'll be going strong for a while after midnight.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And there's an empty spot in the girls room from Flash pulling out if you're still bringing your girlfriend.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hmm, that would be awkward for everyone involved.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No way. We'd offer her all of our toothpaste.

To prepare her.

:D

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have Crest. You'd best bring Colgate, and Cadet can bring the aqua fresh, just to offer her a choice ;D

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

At one time in my life I was a good shortstop so I can play there if you need me.

And I'm now basically done packing. I packed before going to London for four months in 2 hours so this was nothing.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You folks who are eager to escape the heat are going to be loving it here. Right now it's barely 50 degrees and gray. Definitely bring layers for the game -- the stands are always colder than you think they'll be.

It's supposed to get close to 70 by Saturday, and I'm counting on most of the party being outside, so it better be!

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Moddy, I declare it your responsibility to yell and scream loud enough for it to sound like I was there.

We Nats fanboi loosers have to help each other out, dontchaknow.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Here was my girlfriend's response to this thread:

"I could freak them out by bringing an extra suitcase filled with this"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm confused - room sharing? Who's where? The Queen is with me. That's about all I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.