1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle 2008 SJ.com outing: T-minus one week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Active Member

OK, apparently there is some confusion about tickets for the Seattle weekend. The Mariners have an off day on Thursday, June 12. We are buying tickets for Friday (Adrian Beltre bobblehead day!), Saturday and Sunday. If this changes your ticket outlook, please PM me with your updated request by May 1, our cutoff date for ticket requests. I hope this clears everything up.

So far, I've only heard from nine people. Even if you said you were in when we talked about it a month ago, please confirm your intentions. SC and I thank you.

Also, hiking Rainier is Friday morning. Probably a four- to five-hour, semi-tough hike, but lots of good scenery. ServeItUp and I are in so far. Everyone's welcome. I'll also be hitting 24-Hour Fitness at least one day, maybe two, while I'm out there. For $5 (I think), you can join me.
    Joe

This is it. Time to fish or cut bait.
    We're setting up a PayPal account so folks can pay for their baseball tickets 1) so we can get an accurate count, and 2) to give you a little more incentive to come join us. The big group outing is Friday night's game, but you're free to go to as many games as you want; we'll get those tickets, too. A reminder: If we can get 40 for Friday's game, the tickets, much like ass-wiping rolls, are much cheaper when bought in bulk.

TICKET INFO: I need you to PM me with the number of tickets you need, and for what day(s). I'm saying May 1 is our cutoff, so be sure to get you info to me as soon as possible.

Sportschick and I look forward to seeing you all there.

HOTEL INFO: There's a block of 20 rooms at the Ramada Seattle Downtown from Thursday, June 12 to Sunday, June 15. The room rate is $119.00 a night.
    The phone number is 206-441-9785. The reservation is Sports Journalists.com. The confirmation number is 50985644.
    I believe you can also make reservations by calling Ramada's block reservation department at 1-800-228-3344.
    Reservations must be made before May 12. After that, you're on your own.

OK, folks, with the 2008 tentative MLB schedules out, it's never too early to get a jump on the '08 outing. Sportschick and I are the hosts, which means we'll find accommodations and plan work on getting the tickets to a Mariners game.

Baring unforeseen catastrophe, the outing is the weekend of June 13-15, when the Mariners are playing Moddy's fanboy obssession, the Washington Nationals.

Four of us are for sure there: me my own self, sportschick, buckweaver and cadet. All, of course, are welcome, east to west, north to south. Be there or be square.

Joe

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: Seattle 2008 SportsJournalists.com outing

I could pay for this outing with my winnings from Vegas ... you know, if I hadn't already blown it all.

But I'll be in Seattle, for damn sure. :D

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've already started pricing - my goal is to be there.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I am actually very interested in this one. I have a two friends out that way I haven't seen in three years. This is the perfect excuse for me to take a Seattle trip. Visit them and actually get to meet some of the famous or is that infamous SJ souls.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've never been to Seattle, I could laugh at Moddy and the Nats, AND I GET TO SEE ICHIRO STRETCH!

I'm looking at plane tickets right now. :D

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

See, this is working out for everybody. :D

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, except my checking account. :(

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We're spending a week in Chicago in August. That's going to be our vacation. Sorry, joe. :-\

9. joe

joe Active Member

Don't want to forget our neighbors to the north: Canada's welcome, too. I'll puke in Jones' room for old time's sake.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I figure if a hotel room's $150.00 US, that's about $100.00 in loonies. :)

11. joe

joe Active Member

Doh! Your belated honeymoon is duly noted.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Yeah if anyone is looking at flights from the east coast - Boston, New York or D.C. let's compare flight prices so we don't get hosed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.