1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seat hopping gone bad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not anywhere close to that high. Mainly because it would be offset by people who'd be willing to take their kids now that the brawling, cursing drunks are gone.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I can't imagine too many drunks are getting loaded AT the game, not for 8 bucks a beer. Pre-gaming has to play a role for the worst of the worst.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shit. Unruly behavior is nothing now compared to the way it was when I was young in the 70s.

You'd see knockdown drag out brawls in the stands at County Stadium complete with cops pulling people out of the stands. When I was a kid I thought it was normal.

Bill James wrote about the phenomenon of improved fan behavior (which he says started in the 80s and seems that way to me too) in one of his historical abstracts.

4. Improved security, improved stadium design to allow for improved security, no more 10-cent beer nights, nor $1-2 beers at stadiums.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

No shit

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The game score should have been higher up in the story.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Ah yes, the family Ligue. Of the Joliet Ligues. It remains one of the rare occasions when the Royals have hit as a team this decade.

8. highlander

highlander Member

I remember the first day at the new ballpark in Arlington. I stupid woman kept sitting on the rail in the home run porch following the game. Ushers and security kept telling her she couldn't that and she eventually fell.

In the next few days they built new higher rails that essentially blocked the view of people with seats on the first two rows. And then had to reimburse season ticket holders who had essentially gotten screwed by the dumb bitches actions.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I look at it as one of the many Royals teams that have gotten hit this decade.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hey, Cardinals fans are tough.

A guy fell off a railing from the upper deck at Turner Field last year and died.

I'm surprised that isn't the end result in most of these occurrences.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

This is Busch Stadium's Director of Stadium Operations?

[​IMG]

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

BWUHAHAHAHAHA! Well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted