1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seat hopping gone bad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Jun 26, 2009.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone had a few too many namesake products at "Busch Stadium":

And what exactly does AP mean by "grazing a female fan nearby"?

Now, I could see if he was "gazing" at a female fan that he might forget where the railing was ...

2. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

"Grazing a female fan nearby" means that the fan didn't land on anyone, but simply made contact with a woman next to the empty seat in which the fan dropped into.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^ unavailable for comment.

Best fans in baseball, etc.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The guy fell head first from the upper deck and he's conscious?

I can't believe he's alive.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm shocked this doesn't happen more often considering the BAC of some fans and the way stadiums are designed.

I saw a guy fall out of the upper deck at Arrowhead when the Steelers played there one year. He hit the first row of the second deck, bounced off those people and landed in the loge seats. He very drunk and sustained minor injuries. I think the woman on the second deck was partially paralyzed (don't remember for sure).

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No doubt. I remember when "New Comiskey Park" opened with that steep upper deck, and I remember SOBER people being scared they would fall out of the upper deck as they gingerly walked down the aisles to their seats.

And yeah, there's a bit of drinking that occurs among fans at Chicago ball parks.

7. Yeah, that place, especially in the far up there rows, was quite scary even sober. I haven't been up there since they redid it and I think took a few of the highest rows off. The first time I went up there was scary enough.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Did he land on Ryan Ludwick and save the Queen of England?

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

10. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, at least he wasn't making a bet with his buddies, like that guy at the old Yankee Stadium who jumped out of the deck on purpose and landed on the netting.

I think that guy got some jail time as well.

12. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Ever wonder how much attendance at major sporting events would be cut if alcohol was verboten?

50 percent? 75 percent?

Draft saved Draft deleted