1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Season 4 of Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I watched again tonight. The thing I picked up was Walt's genuine relief when Jesse told him the kid was OK (more than just concern for a friend), and then his complete relief after Jesse left, like he couldn't really express how relieved he was when Jesse was there.

It was part of Walt's "I won." He pulled it off, and the kid didn't die -- but he would have done it anyway.

2. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

I couldn't agree more. I just finished watching it and as soon as Walt said that the first thing I thought was wouldn't it be perfect if it ended right there?

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Just caught this and I have nowhere else to put this in writing. I just thought it was neat.

I'm going through the entire series again on NetFlix and just realized something that if Vince Gilligan planned this out for two years, he's playing on a whole other level.

In the opening scene of Season 2 in the swimming pool, the eyeball is floating by itself and then the pink bear comes floating in. The first shot shows half of a perfectly intact bear.Then the bear is charred and without one eye on the other side with the reveal. Just like Gus stepping out of Hector's room after the bomb goes off.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't think it was that far back, but Gilligan said on the Insider podcast that he'd known what he wanted to do for Gus' demise since at least the early part of Season 3. They called it "Ding-boom" and wanted to do it as the finale of Season 3, but then realized Gus needed to stick around a while longer and the direction the show was going in at that time didn't lend itself to it.
    So, maybe the bear came first and then they copied Gus' final moments after it.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally sat down this weekend and burned through the final 10 eps. Incredible stuff.
    But a few questions - what was Gus's motivation? He lived frugally. All of his philanthropy seemed to be a cover for his criminal operation. Did he just enjoy being a businessman?
    Will we hear from the Germans next season? Was there someone pulling his strings?
    Why didn't Skylar just drop a dime to the IRS and let them know Ted had the money?
    And I agree that Walt's cancer is back. I wonder if we'll see the Aztec again.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw this linked a couple places today, and it's pretty funny. A Breaking Bad/Simpsons mashup, with Ned Flanders as Walter White and Bart as Jesse.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I wish that were longer. I'd watch a whole episode of that.

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Now that was funny.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's amazing. The ending is the best part.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes. Press B to eat breakfast.

Draft saved Draft deleted