1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching Nexis for Sports Illustrated clips?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackS, May 28, 2010.

1. JackS

JackS Member

As of today, you won't find 'em, or any of the other Time Inc. publications. Go ahead and try. I'll wait. Then come back and discuss.

Time Inc. and EBSCO have completed an exclusivity agreement that removes the pubs from Nexis and any other fee-based aggregator databases. While some of the titles are still available on the web (for now), they require you to search each publication individually, not in aggregate like Nexis.

And how many of you have access to EBSCO?

See the updated post below.
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

SI's entire library is available for free on the web.

Yes, the move sucks, but if they're going to make that kind of info available for free they might as well be able to get ad money for it.
  3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Anyone who has graduated from college in the last 5-7 years likely still has access to things like Nexis/EBSCO via their old college email. I know mine is still active. Probably depends on the college, but I'm sure someone in your department can get in if you need it.
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree it sucks that SI has pulled itself off Nexis, but SI SHOULD charge for the Vault. It devalues the product when such an archive is available for nothing.
  5. JackS

JackS Member

Update to my original post: There is a little good news in here if you have EBSCO, but it gives a better idea why the whole thing stinks in general...

6. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

EBSCO? Nexis? Man it sucks to be an oldtimer on here. I got no clue what any of this crap means. Some days I'm just lucky if I make it to SportsJournalists.com....and Luby's
  7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Don't feel bad. I'm 25 and I don't know what they're talking about.
  8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I know what Nexis is! They really needed Wade Barrett back to do the speaking for them, though.
  9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Ah yes, of course. What the hell is EBSCO then? :D
Draft saved Draft deleted