1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching for reporter's notebooks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by littlehurt98, Aug 28, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I used those somewhere along the line years and years ago. If I recall correctly, the cover was a bit flimsy, which was a bit annoying, but the actual binding was sturdy enough. As long as I didn't have to worry about the pages ripping at the slightest tug I was fine.

That said, if I ever work regularly again, I'd love to land those Portage notebooks. They were the best.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I can just start a business selling the ones in my supply closet. It would be a nice supplement to my income.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I agree the Portage ones are the best. Before I left my last shop, a "few" of them somehow found their way into my bag. :D
    But the Office Depot ones work out well, too. I've only seen them in 3-packs, I usually get as many packs as I can at a time since they don't always seem to be in stock around here.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here. I moved recently and found a box with about 50 in them, with covers ranging from SEC to Georgia to various NHRA teams to Oklahoma football and women's basketball.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I never really caught the reporter's notebook bug. Spent too much time flipping pages on deadline. So I go with legal pads. For everything except football, I can get an entire game on one page. If I were juggling writing and shooting photos, though, I'd have to go with something smaller.

Draft saved Draft deleted