1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Search Function

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JC, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Decent hack, thanks.

2. Pony_Express

Pony_Express Member

So are the moderators on this site just completely checked out at this point?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not that I don't get the criticism of the search function being down so long, but that post does seem to reek of sock puppet.

4. Pony_Express

Pony_Express Member

Multiple long time members have asked about this. I’ve been a member but infrequent poster for more than a decade. Continuing to avoid the question of why the feature isn’t working, or at least stating that it can’t be fixed, at this stage is ludicrous.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny. According to your profile, you joined in 2017. I'm not saying it isn't an issue. It seems reasonable to assume the owner or moderators simply don't want it to function or whoever should be fixing it isn't bothering. Neither of those is a good option. I'm just suggesting such comments might mean more from a poster's primary handle rather than a sock puppet and your posts make it seem like this is coming from a sock puppet.

6. Pony_Express

Pony_Express Member

I’ve been on the site for over a decade, as I’ve already mentioned. Why do you care who is asking about the search function? Several well regarded members have already mentioned their concerns with no response. WriteThinking made a very good point by stating that lack of a search function typically drives people away from sites like this. There are posts that I read years ago I would like to revisit from time to time.

I don’t post enough to even know what a sock puppet is in this context, nor do I really care. Don’t have time to create multiple handles if that’s what you are suggesting. Maybe you do?

Moderators can continue to ignore if they would like but I believe it’s not in SJ’s best interest to do so.

7. Pony_Express

Pony_Express Member

This site has unfortunately devolved quite a bit in recent years and the site almost appears to be trying to drive people away. Much like the newspaper industry in general.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Everyone knows having the search function will a) eliminate d_bs and b) help academia in the future when researching this decades proliferation of Poin cases.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Will there be guest appearances by former athletes, like the Player'sTribune?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

can't find anything

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is it the work of DB, so he won't be the only one posting DBs?

expendable likes this.
  12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The place needs new leadership. The current owner never did have a clue, and now seems to have wholly checked out. It has one awful mod that has gone unchecked even as he's driven away some of the site's most popular posters over the years. And even the good mods no longer seem to care as much.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.