1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sean Taylor - RIP UPDATED

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hustle, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Re: Sean Taylor: shooting victim

Miami Herald got a hold of police reports from two other burglaries at the house last weekend. It's a $900,000 home, where's the home security system, especially after the first two break-ins.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jemele, having a machete in the bedroom is something that I cannot even comprehend. Most people on this board cannot understand this. I'm guessing most people on this board don't even own a gun much less a large knife used for self defense. I do not own either.

There is no way I can sympathize or understand with what goes through Taylor's head. No way.

All we can do is ask how he can associate or place himself in situations where he comes into contact with people who are felons and criminals. He is financially able to move away from these people. Why doesn't he or didn't he?

I feel sorry for him and his family, but I just cannot place myself in his shoes. His father had a better job than mine, so I'm not going to say he born into that situation of crime and drugs and gangs.

I just do not understand.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree with the last part of your post, particularly when you write that people will be unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past. That is why I question whether or not some of your other points belong in this discussion.

Do you really see people saying he deserved it? I haven't heard that from anybody on or off here. Chuck_Taylor accused heyabbott of suggesting it, but I think those two were just looking for an excuse to snipe at one another.

I'm not sure if I am articulating this as well as I would like, but it seems to me that Sean Taylor's past is far more pertinent to this particular story and the debates that it is creating than the color of his skin.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

But 93, as of yet there have been no indications that Taylor is culpable in any way. So what if he had a knife to defend himself? Would you feel different if it was a gun?

I'd reserve any judgment about Taylor until more information becomes available.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Someone who is fucking someone who ain't his girlfriend?

6. Simon_Cowbell

damn....

7. Re: Sean Taylor: shooting victim

Exactly, if I have $1 million plus in my bank account and I'm recognizable not only by every person in D.C. but the thugged out part of Miami, I'm going to at least have ADT, if not a former secret service agent.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Welll ... NO FUCKING SHIT.

He ain't Bundy.... or even Leonard Little.

9. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

One of his teammates called me earlier today and he's heard it's really bad. He flatlined twice on the table and is currently in a coma.

He thinks that the intruder targeted the home thinking that Taylor was with the Redskins and wouldn't be home at the time of the intrusion.

10. Simon_Cowbell

I would doubt that anyone, who as an adult has been classified in critical condition, has played in the NFL afterward.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Well, well done.

She should be embarrassed...

12. Re: Sean Taylor: shooting victim

Bruschi?

Draft saved Draft deleted