1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sean Taylor - RIP UPDATED

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hustle, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It happens to be black-on-black, but that just hides the fact it is really only about no-money-on-money violence.

2. Actually, you pretty plainly DON'T see.
    Snack time. Off you go.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Burglary, by definition, is robbery without the intimidation or violence factor.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

When I've read others react rather negatively to some of your other posts, I was a little sympathetic.

But the fact that the KKK to you symbolizes a three-stooges-like comedy troupe absolutely floors me... your impression of the organization that has terrorized, intimidated and murdered blacks in this country for 150 years is shaped solely by the Geraldo show?

With an outlook like that, I would never have guessed you were 38... Damn, read a book, watch a documentary... I'm not trying to be a dick, but statements like this validate the feeling some African Americans have that white people just don't get it...

5. Simon_Cowbell

Day burglars..... you are absolutely right.

Cat burglars..... night guys... are almost always packing, because they know there is a pretty decent chance someone is going to be home.

6. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Ok then. But doesn't burglary also usually include, you know, taking stuff?

7. Simon_Cowbell

What, your "foof" save-get isn't working?

You got pummeled.

8. Simon_Cowbell

I agree that there is a lot a shit hitting the nosy but notta smellin so rosy at this point.

Weird case.

9. Simon_Cowbell

You are the guys yapping about how football is such this VIOLENT game (as if it is the Roman gladiators eviscerating someone with a sword) and it makes sense that the competitors would be naturally violent off the field.

There is one basic difference between the NFL players and NHL players.

And, you ain't gonna say it, because it doesn't work for you.

10. I got pummelled.
    By a linthead who pretends not to understand the language and then argues with his own misinterpretation in a way that would get him kicked off a subway train, declares victory-is-mine!, and dances away with the imaginary denizens of his own personal fan base.
    Yes, football attracts violent people. IT makes them more violent. It makes less violent people more violent. It does this by its very nature, especially at the top end of the profession. This spills out occasionally into the real world.
    All of these things are true.
    Have another cookie, foof. And have the courage to stand behind your own racism.

11. Simon_Cowbell

You are much closer to a racist.

12. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Fenian_Bastard, I don't think Simon_Cowbell is coming off as racist here. He's stepped outside of the spiral of silence, that's for sure. But I don't think he's racist because of it.

And Simon_Cowbell, is the difference that hockey players sometimes add extra "u's" in their wourds?

Draft saved Draft deleted