1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sean Payton Suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Yowza.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Williams done indefinitely; Rest of suspension TBD after '12 season.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The fine and draft pick penalty is a joke.

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Why?

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm not a Saints fan, but the NFL is Roger Goodell's own personal banana republic now. He's making it up as he goes along.

NFL players hit with intent to injure. Every play.

This is a harsher punishment than Ron Artest got for going in the stands and punching people.

My interest in the NFL dwindles more and more every year. it's just about dried up.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I think a fine of a $1 million or more probably would be more appropriate. A million being a more serious threshold.

The draft picks don't hurt so much because it's only two and it's spread out over two seasons. They should have hit 'em hard with multiple late round picks over several years.

And why haven't the Saints (or Rams) stepped up and fired the coaches who put up with this?

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The commissioner can only levy fines up to 500k, I believe.

Anyone have a quick answer re Payton, is the suspension without pay?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The fine barely registers with most teams, but Goodell is limited as to how much he can fine a team. I'm not sure what the numbers are.

Losing two second-rounders hurts a lot. I'm surprised it's not this year's No. 2 and next year's No. 1, but the suspension more than makes up for that.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe Peyton Manning isn't the biggest name on the QB market after all. Brees has the exclusive franchise tag, but man is he pissed about that. Certainly worth the Titans' and 49ers' time to make a call and blow away the Saints.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, without pay.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What's Payton make......4 million?

That might sting a bit.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Payton, Loomis and one other guy suspended without pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted