1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seahawks to face Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

... in an ugliest uniform contest.
    Nike got the contract for NFL uniforms and unveiled the new designs today. Most of them remain unchanged, with some minor alterations. The biggest, across the spectrum, is a bit of white piping around the collar for some teams. Each team also has those gloves that form a logo when you put the hands together, like they had for the college teams the past few years.
    And then there's the Seahawks. Sweet monkey Jesus are these things awful:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worst. Uniforms. Ever.
    I'd rather look at those lime green unis they broke out last year or the year before than see these things for 16 games next season.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Now we know why Manning blew them off.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The swoosh on the shoulders bugs me. It's bigger than the shield and the team name.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I dig the helmet.

And let's face it, the Seahawks have had the worst NFL unis since Tampa Bay ditched the creamsicles.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

IMO, in the ugly uniform contest Oregon (most variations) is still far ahead of the Sounders Seahawks. And Maryland's rather interesting unis from last year were worse than Seattle's.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Members of the New Orleans Saints model their new uniforms:

[​IMG]

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Seahawks' uniforms had really grown on me, to where I thought they were one of the better-looking teams. That blue was just so unique -- IIRC, it was actually a color that was invented for the Seahawks -- that it sort of reminded me of seeing a cold night settle upon the sea. Kind of what the Pacific Northwest means to a lot of people, or at least one of the things I think of. The helmet was also clean, no clutter, and looked good in the sun. That funky blue brightened up a bit.
    This new uniform, besides the garish neon and flourescent parts, is a different shade. It's not unique, it's just sort of a generic navy blue. They look like what the Orlando Thunder might've looked like, if they'd survived into 2012.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It fits perfectly in Seattle, which thinks the NFL came into existence in 2003 anyway.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ridiculous comment.

10. turski7

turski7 Member

That's Nike for ya. Now it's become the Nike Football League, where the swoosh is more important than the team.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why can't they just go back to the silver, blue and green? Is it so hard to admit your "new look" is total shit amd move on?

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The only cod that matters is green as in jersey sales. They can sell the. Es uniforms and the old "retro" unis when they break them out once a year.

Draft saved Draft deleted