1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SE in Visalia, CA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Buck, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Very hot in the summer. And lots of that famous Tulare fog. Half hour south of Fresno. Gannett owns it. Home of the Visalia Oaks.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Then again, maybe I can't offer any more insight.
    That just about sums it up.

4. thebigd

thebigd Member

As a previous employee at Gannett, this is not a job you really want. According to two staffers in my current newsroom who used to work there, the ME is a pain in the butt.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Isn't this where Crash Davis got the manager job after retiring?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Not sure if I should have bumped this topic or just made a new one, but this job has been reposted at JJobs:

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1000840
    Company: Visalia Times-Delta
    Position: Sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: January 6, 2009
    Job ID: 1000840

Description:
    We are looking for a sports editor who understands the importance of prep sports in community newspapers, who can go beyond simple game coverage and who doesn't think all sports have to include offense and defense. The preferred candidate will have some experience supervising others, planning coverage and ensuring that an interesting and innovative sports section is presented to readers in print and online. The sports editor will oversee three reporters who cover sports and outdoors for both our Visalia and Tulare newspapers. Visalia is located on the eastern side of the San Joaquin Valley, up against the Sierra. Please send a resume and cover letter to Executive Editor Linda Green, llgreen@gannett.com.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

I hear there might be an opening for a manager in Visalia next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted