1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SE, Black Hills Pioneer, S.D.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Posted on journalismjobs.com today (Oct. 13)

Company: Black Hills Pioneer
    Position: Sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: November 17, 2006
    Job ID: 563963

Description:
    The Black Hills Pioneer, a six-day per week daily, has an immediate opening for a sports editor. Come join award-winning staff in beautiful Black Hills and cover college, prep and youth sports. Internet/video skills a plus. Contact Managing Editor Donna Smith with resume, clips and cover letter at news@bhpioneer.com

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I wouldn't take this job unless Swearingen promised me free whiskey for the rest of my days.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

What kind of prep sports would this town have?
    Foppery: Lead-Deadwood battles Sturgis every year for the E.B. Farnum trophy.
    Gun safety: See how many times you can shoot a mine baron without knocking him off his feet.
    Plaster knocking: Find a widow high on laudanum, and...
    Running of the stallions: Let the big horse go just a second away from being nutted - it rocks even harder than Pamplona.
    Russian roulette, with a derringer: this game will never run past allotted TV time.
    And then there's the daily scrap in the thoroughfare...

Draft saved Draft deleted