1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SE at (Morgantonw WV) Dominion Post

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 13, 2006.

1. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

Count me in as someone else surprised to see Hertzel gone. Of the regulars on the WVU beat, he was one of the few who got on coaches' and officials' asses when it was needed. God bless some of the old timers, but some of them tended to be ... apologists might be the best word ... for those who needed a good tongue-lashing. Hertzel lashed his tongue. His presence and his sweatpants (jogging pants on dressy special occasions) will be missed.

2. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Seriously? Sweatpants?

3. Got the update:
    Hertzel did not leave. He is staying at the D-P in sports as a columnist.
    He's giving up the SE job. Too much pressure.

4. Whoever gets this job, see what you can do about changing it to a free web site. It sucks you have to pay to use it, for those of us who don't live West Virginny.

5. blandcanyon

blandcanyon Guest

A) I was doing laundry and saw some sweatpants in the pile and suddenly began wondering if anything had happened here (What a legendary legacy to leave). Updates?

B) You have to pay for it even if you LIVE in West Virginny - nice image-cliche - because it's, you know, subscription-based like a fair number of Web sites. It sucks because WVU - or 'the University of West Virginia', as Lou Holtz would splatter - is worth reading about.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sounds like something maybe I'm ready for. Never lived in W.V., but it's time to move on from where I am.

7. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

Any idea what this gig would pay?

8. Anyone have any updates on this?

Draft saved Draft deleted