1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SDS is recruiting SEC football writers

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by @CWrightSDS, Jul 23, 2019.

1. @CWrightSDS

@CWrightSDS Member

SaturdayDownSouth.com is looking for freelancers to supplement our coverage of Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State and Arkansas.

Our past 3 Bama writers parlayed this freelance opportunity into a full-time job. Our Ole Miss/Miss State writer just did the same. That's common -- and awesome. Almost every freelancer who left SDS in the past 3 years went to a FT job.

The ideal fit is a columnist who can identify trends, react to breaking news, etc., and also find the most interesting and significant angle out of Saturday's game. We have a separate breaking news team, so writing ability is key for these spots.

If you're interested and think you're qualified, email me 5 features/columns, a resume and a quick description of your SEC background/expertise. (Please don't DM me on SJ.com; I'm not on this site regularly enough to respond in a timely manner.)

Thank you,

Chris Wright
    Executive Editor
    SaturdayDownSouth.com
    cwright@saturdaydownsouth.com
    @CWrightSDS

Draft saved Draft deleted