1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs to take place in med school next year; Cox & Turk to be profs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 19, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

In the end, ABC is shitting on this show as badly as NBC did. If they were going to bring it back after one of the great finales of all-time, they should have committed to 22 or 26 episodes (whatever the full-season run is). It deserved that much time to at least allow the new characters time to develop. How much can really happen in 13 episodes, especially since Braff was on for six?

Had I know how ABC would crap all over the new show, I would have been far more against the continuation than I was in the summer.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think the problem is Lucy. They have no idea what to do with her, because she's just J.D. as an actual girl instead of acting like one. Drew is good, the smarmy rich kid is good, but those are just supporting characters. Lucy is awful.

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Of the "new" cast, I like Denise (Jo) the best. I like her Perry Cox-type attitude and her rough-around-the-edges demeanor.

I absolutely hate Cole. Hate him more than possibly another other sitcom character in the history of sitcoms. Just gets on my last nerve every time I hear him talk. He's essentially the same character played by Aziz Ansari, except I thought Aziz was much funnier in that role. I just find Cole's urban talk a little forced.

If they showed the other blonde med student (the Australian chick), I might be more inclined to watch. :)

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

even the holdovers are really unfunny and unlikeable this season

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Love me some Denise.

And I don't think the shows have been awful at all. Still love 'em.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree Female JD is terrible. But, then again, I can't stand JD, and I love Scrubs. So there you go.

I thought the rest of the cast showed some promise. I'd almost like to see a Comedy Central pick it up and give these guys a chance to develop. Right now, it's going to go down as a disaster of AfterMASH proportions, and it's not really the show's fault.

Draft saved Draft deleted