1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs to take place in med school next year; Cox & Turk to be profs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 19, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Shit, I thought it was great.

- Were you raised by horses?

- ugly Don Cheadle

- the song at the end, "Can't Go Back Now" by the Weepies, was a great choice. I've been a fan of theirs since the summer.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Tonight was a miss for me.

More than anything, though, it made me realize the main reason I enjoy Scrubs are because of these characters:

Janitor
    Ted
    Carla
    Elliot

And I re-he-he-he-he-heally hate Cole. Something about him and his character just makes me want to turn the channel.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Channeling Perry Cox. Excellent! :p

4. Is Cole the No. 1 guy or the Aziz Ansari-ish guy?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cole is the legacy guy who thinks he's untouchable (not that they haven't already had that character).

I didn't hate it last night, but it's definitely not the old show. So many misses, leading off with the stupid security guards who are supposed to be the new janitor or something.

This show is early American Dad to the original show's Family Guy.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gotta disagree. Last week was OK, not very good but OK, but had that whole "we're wasting two episodes to set up the season" feel to it. Last night felt like a Scrubs episode...some funny lines, some drama, some conflict, except all with a new cast. I also really liked JD taking chick JD under his wing.

I still fear this will sully the legacy of Scrubs a bit, but I'll keep watching.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I really think they should have just ended it last season. The finale was so perfect... I know money talks, but there didn't seem to be a reason to keep going.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Didn't realize they ruined the theme song as well:

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Okay, still awful, but I noticed something somewhat cool in the latest episode: In the background of several scenes, I'm positive I saw Dr. Beardface and I think maybe Mickhead and Snoop Dog Resident as well.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Various TV blogs say that ABC is burning off the remaining new episodes of Scrubs and Better Off Ted (boo!) before Lost comes back in early Feb. Both are on life support and won't be renewed.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

this season is full of fail. sad.

12. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. This week's episode was pretty bad, once again. The new cast just doesn't do it for me like the old cast did.

Definitely won't miss this reincarnation, if it does get chopped early.

Draft saved Draft deleted