1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs Starts Tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Nov 30, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I'm casting a vote for Garden State, and wondering if this thread will go from the return of Scrubs to debating the merits of Garden State.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

GARDENSTATEJACK!!!! :D

I wanted to like it, I really did. and I give Zach credit for making an entire movie feel like his character must have felt: Deadened and numbed by medication. But I just didn't like it. I felt like the only way I could have liked it would be if I'd spent thousands of hours in therapy myself.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

By the way, it is going to get killed in the ratings. Why bring the show back only to place it in the worst time slot out there?

And the Janitor rules. As does Turk. And Elliot (who is very underrated and very cute). But, and I've written it before, ignoring John C. McGinley for an Emmy is a crime of Lauren Graham-like proportions.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I hated Garden State, and I hated Elizabethtown (the movie, not the city), and I hated Just Friends. These all pretty much had similar storylines about the hero/dud coming back home.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's brilliant.

And I don't think it's going to get killed in the ratings. Yeah, Grey's Anatomy and CSI: Wheeling are on the other networks. But NBC's been promoting the hell out of the new comedy block as a return to form for the network that once owned Thursdays. The Office has incredible buzz and Earl and 30 Rock are "water cooler" shows too. Plus, premiering at the end of November allows dorks like me and cougar :D to catch on to the show in syndication and start watching it weekly.

I bet it does pretty well.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I wanted to say it, I so wanted to say it ...

By the way, this Scrubs video is hilarious.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Buckland and the Worthless Peons rawk.

Draft saved Draft deleted