1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 16, 2008.

1. No cable. :-( And they weren't on nearly enough in recent years as when I was in high school. Stinkin' Hannah Montana. Bring back real shows. And Sean Hunter.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got cable, and I've yet to look for the Disney channel on this new system. I'm waiting for Nick at Nite to pick up Boy. Family Matters and Home Improvement are there, so ABC's got to be pushing Boy soon. And if it were smart, ABC'd push harder. The reason the last few seasons aren't being released on DVD are because the sales from the first three weren't up to par -- the interest was low. More exposure equals more fans. Come on, ABC. You know you what to do.

3. I do have a Nick at Nite complaint. I feel as though they should still show the classic TV shows of the 60s. Block Party summers were awesome. I need Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie and Get Smart and Dragnet. I guess Nick at Nite went modern because of TV Land. But all TV Land shows now is Bonanza and Leave it to Beaver. I want my classic shows back...on network television ...

I would think a box set of the entire Boy Meets World series would do well.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It would do me well. Until then, I'll hold on tightly to the first three seasons.

I like the evergreen shows, too, with Leave It To Beaver being my favorite. I do miss Mr. Ed and The Dick Van Dyke Show. But I wouldn't trade Home Improvement for any one of them.

5. I loved the Dick Van Dyke show. The episode that involved aliens and walnuts CREEPED me out.

Home Improvement was a favorite of my childhood. Classic episodes include the Halloween episode where Randy gives more candy to the kid dressed as Simba then Buzz Lightyear and Tim finding Brad's pot.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're aware that those two characters -- Buzz and Simba -- were used next to each other in another episode, right? When Gracie, one of Marty's twin girls, was playing with Tim. Randy sneaked under the table and said something like, "Being a lion's not as easy as you'd think. Everyone expects you to be king." Before that, Tim was doing Buzz's voice.

7. I remember that as well. It just didn't stick with me the way the other one did.

Also, I thought it was lame that JTT didn't come back for the last episode (if I am remembering correctly).

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Tim thought so, too. He was really hurt by Thomas' decision because he thought of him as a son. And, to be honest, where would Thomas be without Tim Allen and Home Improvement. He owed it to the show -- its producers, Carmen Finestra, Matt Williams, etc. -- ABC and all the cast members. Thankfully, however, they wrote the three-parter in a way that included Randy, but didn't force him to come back. (He was still in Costa Rica.)

9. Remember the episode where they thought Randy had cancer? That was a good one.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was a great episode. Same with the two-parter where Jill gets a hysterectomy. The emotion felt so raw, almost like it was real.

By the way: My ex-girlfriend's mom recently had that surgery, and everything I knew about it came from that episode. I told her that, and she just rolled her eyes. Like usual.

11. There's nothing better than going into menopause early.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get a room. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted