1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 16, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Or two.

2. That is amazing. Do you have a favorite episode or episodes?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd like to tell you I do, but I don't think I've got a favorite(s). I really enjoy any episode with Michael J. Fox and Brendan Frasier, especially their final episodes. And I thought the musical was very cool, too.

I do have moments that I won't miss. In nor particular order:

Janitor's heartfelt speech to Elliot in Season 4:

JD telling the Janitor about his penis:

Janitor's story about the hawk in the city:

When Dr. Cox's decision to use Jill Tracey's organ on three patients backfires, and they all die:

Ben's funeral:

Kevin Kasey's meltdown:
    (There isn't a more honest moment on television, in my opinion.)
    Murray's friend Mickey, the airplane:

There are more, certainly, but these are a few of the best.

4. I love the musical episode, and I often have guy love in my head.

Among my favorites:

Turk's proposal to Carla in the park with J.D. running around with sparklers
    Carla learns that Turk -- and the rest of the hospital -- knows she is pregnant:

JD explains the insult that is "So's your face:'

Sanchez:

There are many more, but I have been distracted by people talking about "The Godfather."

Edit: And of course, Dr. Acula:

Oh, and why Turk is bald:

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

1. "Honk for love."
    2. The pregnancy episode was just on tonight. "Abort the babies."
    3. A certain poster I know will never tire of the "So's your face" joke.
    4. Sanchez is a smart and industrious bird, who owns a one button.

6. You're knowledge of Scrubs is impressive. I wish I could watch more then two episodes tonight.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The great thing about Scrubs is you can come up with your top five episodes/moments that could never be equaled or surpassed...and then come up with another five in a minute.

Five favorite moments, right now, off the top of my head and in no particular order:

1.) The shocking end to "My Screwup," with JD providing the hand on the shoulder for his mentor that Cox can't seem to muster up for his protege. John McGinley says so much without ever uttering a word. That last scene of Cox's tear-stained face is just heart-breaking.

2.) The end to "His Story III," when the paralyzed patient blinks out "thank you" after cox sets up his new computer. "Ahhh no problem," Cox says. "I wasn't talking to you," the patient blinks. Cox turns around and there's Janitor, who realizes he has in fact made a difference by spending the day with a paralyzed patient with no ability to communicate. Janitor looks as if he's about to cry before he whirls around and walks away, an ever-so-subtle spring in his step.

3.) When Cox comes back after his three patients all die from the rabies-infested organs. He walks into the bar, and a.) Janitor gives him a wave and a nod from the corner (this is one of my favorite little "let's make sure you're paying attention" flourishes from Billy L.; the Janitor is always on the outside looking in); b.) Cox and Kelso, the latter of whom played a huge role in drawing Cox back to the hospital, share a hearty handshake and c.) of course, Cox finally slaps JD on the shoulder.

4.) Carla announces she and Turk are expecting a baby. Show ends with a slow-motion montage of people hugging and laughing and smiling and crying, and it's incredibly moving. The love and affection is so genuine you forget you're watching a TV program and feel as if you're amongst friends sharing good news with one another.

5.) Turk laughs at the Janitor's air band group--"I know what you should call your band: Mercy Flush"--but then wows the gang with his version of Bell Biv Devoe's "Poison." "I don't know what 'it' is," Janitor says, "but he's got it."

I'll come up with five more really soon.

and switch 2 with 1.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's what I do. And that's pretty sad, when you think about it.

About the air band episode: JD's got one of my favorite lines. While sprawled on the couch, listening to his friends comfort him after breaking up with Mandy Moore, Elliot says, "This is different," JD. "It's not like Minnie McSkinny." JD turns his head and retorts: "She sang Christmas carols in August. The weather was far from frightful."

9. I love "Welcome Back, Coxer." I want one of those shirts. In fact, you can even buy them: http://cgi.ebay.com/Welcome-Back-Coxer-T-shirt-Dr-Cox-of-SCRUBS-blk-size-3X_W0QQitemZ160250804683QQihZ006QQcategoryZ155193QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em124

The only show I watched as much as Scrubs is Boy Meets World. I wish there were more repeats of those.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK this is getting really fucking freaky.

11. Are we the same person?

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They're on Disney, by the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted