1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs 3/22: SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Mar 22, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

The tease--a staff member in a coma--didn't occur until the last seconds. And it was pretty obvious, with the way Nurse Roberts and Dr. Cox were arguing over whether or not everything happens for a reason, that one of them would be the comatose patient. I expected it to be Cox, because that would be a perfectly Scrubsian thing to do...put the center of the show and the greatest character on network TV in a coma.

That it was Nurse Roberts, a kindly religious soul, also makes sense in the Scrubs universe. Of course, an imperiled character is also a potential shark-jumping moment. Curious to see how this turns out in two weeks, but I retain my faith in the best show on TV (that's right I said it) to handle it in Scrubs fashion.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wouldn't be surprised if this is it for McGinley, and that would be very, very bad.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For me, the show reached its high point during the episode where Brendan Frasfer died. I'm guessing that they want to take advantage of just how good of an actor John C. is. Remember, there was an episode earlier this year in which Nurse Roberts had angel wings on -- foreshadowing?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Nurse Roberts did indeed die. It was moving and sad, and there were some really good parts. Juxtaposing the birth of Cox' daughter with the death of Nurse Roberts was effective, and for some reason, the Janitor buying the doctors beers but not sitting with them really got to me.

But the show has set the bar so high I couldn't shake the feeling they would have done it much better two years ago. Probably not fair to the show, but it's just so damn good.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't watch the new episodes, but I can't wait till this gets on reruns in a couple of monts.

Dr. Cox is one of the greatest characters in TV history -- right up with Pembleton from Homicide. Not the same drama, but both extremely talented actors.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

So they finally explained Dr. Cox's shaved head that he mysteriously had for one episode a couple months ago (the clip show, I think). It seems like they just ran the episodes out of their originally planned order, but I wonder why they would do that. Was the clip show the one with Nurse Roberts flying around with the angel wings?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's a really good point. I'm pretty sure the IMDB page for Scrubs had "My Long Goodbye" (tonight's episode) scheduled to air weeks ago.

8. I didn't like the fact they didn't include any of her family.
    She had a husband and was a religious women on the show, but she had no visitors while she was in coma waiting to die!? :eek:

I used to really like Dr. Cox... His bit is getting is old and stale. His character has not changed in what six years. The other docs aren't interns anymore and no one fears him.

My favorite guys are the janitor and Ted. Love them....

That also bothered me that the janitor bought the Docs a round, but didn't sit with them. I really bothered me that the Dics didn't invite him over. ... :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted